JST Truck Permits

Open New Trucking Company​

Open New Trucking Company

We are moving fast with excellence to open numerous new companies every day. Clients can come in or even start their new trucking ventures over the phone. It only takes us 4-6 hours to open a new company for our clients, and we handle all the permits, US DOT drug and alcohol testing, and FMCSA audit support.

The trucking industry is one of the most heavily regulated industries in the U.S., and numerous documents are required when you start a trucking company. The staff at JST Truck Permits knows exactly which documents have to be filed and which permits and credentials (in-cab permits, decals, plates, etc…) are required to open your trucking company.

Get in touch

open new trucking company

How to Open a Trucking Company

Starting your own trucking company may seem difficult at first, but the financial rewards are great in the long run, plus there is an opportunity to expand. The permit application process takes a little time, experience, and patience. JST Truck Permits will handle the frustrating tasks of working with the state and federal agencies involved in securing your authority, permits, and plates.
The first thing you will need to do is decide on the type of legal entity you want to be. A Corporation, an LLC, a DBA, or just operate in your name.

In most cases, truck drivers leaving or quitting a trucking company or leased driver agreement have an advantage over the first-time or newbie truckers. This is very true because of the fact they have experience driving alone. If you are new to trucking the way you answered the questions above will determine your success in operating a trucking company or being an owner-operator.

So when you have your trucking company name selected, you will have to get the name registered in your state of residence. This can be done in as little as one day in some states to several weeks in others. You will have to get your Federal ID Number for your company.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You should not use your social security number as your Federal ID number. Identity theft can occur by using your social security number.

The next step is to obtain your FMCSA Authority, DOT Number, Unified Carrier Registration (UCR), International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), and any other trucking permits you may need, primarily states requiring their trucking permits.

Getting all the paperwork completed and getting apportioned plates can take about 15 working days from start to finish. JST Truck Permits staff does everything possible to expedite your paperwork, however, when working with government agencies problems may arise and delays may occur.

open new trucking company
When you decide to open a trucking company there will be numerous questions and dangers of not having proper permits, plates, or cab cards. Fines can be in the hundreds of dollars for not complying. Let the experienced staff at JST Truck Permits get your tractor-trailer in full FMCSA and state DOT compliance.