Open New Trucking Company

JST Truck Permits will prepare all the paperwork for you to start a trucking company, call us now for a free consultation on how you can be on the road in no time transporting freight. The trucking industry is one of the most heavily regulated industries in the U.S., and numerous documents are required when you start a trucking company. The staff at JST Truck Permits knows exactly which documents have to be filed and which permits and credentials (in cab permits, decals, plates, etc.,) are required to open your trucking company.

How To Open a Trucking Company

Starting your own trucking company may seem difficult at first, but the financial rewards are great in the long run, plus there is opportunity to expand.
The permit application process takes a little time, experience and patience. JST Truck Permits will handle the frustrating tasks of working with the state and federal agencies involved in securing your authority, permits and plates.

  • The first thing you will need to do is decide on the type of legal entity you want to be. A Corporation, an LLC, a DBA or just operate in your own name.
  • What name will you call your trucking company?
  • Do you already have a truck and trailer?
  • Are you a CDL driver?
  • Do you have experience?
  • Do you have the start up cost to get this enterprise going?
  • Do you have the time and experience to complete the registration and permitting process?
  • Do you have time to file quarterly and yearly paperwork to state and federal agencies?
  • How will you comply with audits that are required by the DOT?

In most cases truck drivers leaving or quitting a trucking company or leased driver agreement have an advantage over the first time or newbie trucker. This is very true because of the fact they have experience driving alone. If you are new to trucking the way you answered to the questions above will determine you success in operating a trucking company or being an owner operator.

So when you have your trucking company name selected, you will have to get the name registered in your state of residence. This can be done in as little as one day in some states to several weeks in others. You will have to get your Federal ID Number for your company.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You should not use your social security number as your Federal ID number. Identity theft can occur by using your own social security number.

The next step is to obtain your FMCSA Authority, DOT Number, Unified Carrier Registration (UCR), International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) and any other trucking permits you may need, primarily states require their own trucking permits.
Getting all the paperwork completed and getting apportioned plates can take about 15 working days from start to finish.
JST Truck Permits staff does everything possible to expedite your paperwork, however when working with government agencies problems may arise and delays may occur.

When you decide to open trucking company there will be numerous questions and dangers of not having proper permits, plates or cab cards. Fines can be in the hundreds of dollar for not being in compliance. Let the experienced staff at JST Truck Permits get your tractor trailer in full FMCSA and state DOT compliance.